4.30.2011

2011 Book Review....so far....

I made a goal last year to read more and so far I am already accomplishing that goal. My problem is that I forget what books I've read & what they're about. So, I'm writing book reviews here what I've read since January. Here we go!

LIttle Women by Louisa May Alcott
This was a re-read of one my favorite childhood books. I always enjoy escaping into the simple world of the March sisters....although Beth's death breaks my heart every single time. It's a lovely story centered around family devotion and the trials of growing up and finding true love. Adore this book. The end.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Funny little short story. I saw the movie before I read the book. That's usually against my better judgment, but I didn't realize it was a book! Fitzgerald has quite the imagination to conjure up a story about a man who grows backwards! It held my attention the entire time and gave me plenty to dream about later.

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
Excellent cookbook filled with great ideas on how to hide vegetables in "normal" food. Chris and I have trouble fitting veggies into our diet and this book has helped alot. The only drawback is that the recipes require more involved cooking than I'm used to but I can manage.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I could not put this book down. It was a fun read from an old man's perspective of his former circus life....chalk full of touching moments, action, and a bit of humor. I'm ready to see the movie...especially since my favorite actress (Reese Witherspoon) is starring!

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal
This was a guilty pleasure. I read a few of the Sweet Valley books when I was younger. I mostly read this out of curiosity since it got so much publicity. It was trashy and unrealistic but fun.

Those are the books I've read this year and hopefully the list will continue to get much longer in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment